A Tale Told of WASC: Part Eleven

The best thing about the second (bawdy) WASC presentation was a statement Aimee made to me when we were previewing it. It was pretty randy at points, and she was concerned about how faculty members, especially the principal, were going to take it. She shook her head.

"You know, Frankie would have loved this."

This was just a few days after the one year anniversary of Frankie's death, and when Aimee said that, my whole world came to a momentary stop. I swallowed hard.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Aimee could not have had any idea how important that was. She didn't know how I felt about Frankie, my former teacher, my mentor. That fact that Frankie would have loved it was important to me. Not that I created it with her in mind; I didn't. But that made any lack of response from the staff a little more palatable.

No comments: