A Look Back

Tuesday, March 28, 1995

I've taken a cursory glance at what I've written in this journal. It's not too bad; though really rough, it does tell the tale.

It tells the tale at least as it is happening now. But the past, what brought me here is not as clear. I'm thinking that I'll have to start putting in extra entries, a sort of history of things remembered, in with the regular entries. I'm not sure yet.

Some of the journal seems soft-pedaled, a little watered-down. Other sections are just as brutal as they need to be. But the not naming of names is problematic. So I will name names. But I shall change the names to protect the guilty (or me from the slings and arrows of pissed-off teachers).

So none of the names you've read are real. Not the students, not the teachers, not the schools. Not even (maybe) mine. Maybe, if I ever have this journal published, I'll just be credited as "a teacher," not by my name. Or maybe I'll change my mind later on.

Regardless, I'll keep this entry as is. As a sign of the process.

No comments: